Monday, July 30, 2007

Another swap


I had a very big problem with swaps for a long time.....after discovering SCS and all the swaps, you know I just had to get in over my head! :) Anyway, now I am done with all the swaps, thank God. I have to say, I wasn't always that impressed with the quality of work that I was getting back. Plus, I would rather spend my time getting my own things done!
However, I am still involved in one swap -- a monthly ten card swap in my Yahoo group. Every month, we do a different card, and this month's assignment was to use vellum. Good for me, since I hardly ever use it, but I like the way it turned out.
I found this particular vellum at Reminisce, but I'm not sure what company makes it. It's adhered to the Soft Sky layer underneath the cake panel, and then the corners are held down with black brads. Solves the problem with the adhesive show-through!
The cake image is stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder, then colored in with my blender pen and Soft Sky and Real Red ink. The cake plate is colored using one of my pigment Zig markers. Congratulations is stamped with Stazon directly on to the vellum. Thanks for stopping by!
Supply list
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Basic Black, vellum
Ink: Stazon black, Versamark
Stamps: Year after Year and Congratulations sentiment - $1 stamp from Michaels
Accessories: Silver Embossing powder, black brads - Doodlebug, Dimensionals
Tomorrow I'm planning on visiting my favorite stamp shop in Davenport, Cottage Corner. They always have tons of new stuff coming in, lots of Bellas, cute Whipper Snapper and AMuse stamps, and this week they now have stickles! Which I have none of, so I definitely have to get up there and get some. :) Good night everyone!

No comments: