Sunday, August 19, 2007

Finally.....a card!

Well, the cookout was a success! Stopped raining just in time and then started again after the guys got everything off the grill :) I had a fun time chatting with the girls while the guys played XBox (and were betting money on all the games...lol!) Hopefully I can stay up a little later tonight to prepare myself for going back to second shift on Wednesday. Tomorrow my in-laws are coming over for pizza and cake and ice cream to celebrate my b-day! Yay!

The card above is for the challenge on Jen70's blog - you can find the link at right under 'Jen". I actually cased this layout from tashers on SCS, then found out the card I cased was for Jen's challenge too! Whoops! Hope I didn't break any rules there!

The card base is sage shadow CS, then a layer of basic black. The patterned paper is from Scenic Route and I love it! I stamped the heart from Simply said on vanilla CS and cut them out. Those are on dimensionals. For the sentiment, I masked off part of this stamp from Small Sayings and stamped with black on sage shadow. Then I punched it out with the word window punch and wrapped it around the panel. I love the look of the 'thanks' without the rest of the sentiment! This will go to Cari and Mike for the awesome cookout they hosted today. Thanks for stoppin' by tonight!

Supply List:
Stamps: Simply Said, Small Sayings
Paper: Sage Shadow, Vanilla, and Scenic Route DP
Ink: Sage Shadow and Basic Black
Accessories: Dimensionals, SU black organdy ribbon

No comments: