Sunday, August 26, 2007

A good birthday.

This picture just cracks me up! We were over at my Mom's tonight for me and my stepdad's birthday dinner and of course Kristen wanted to go outside for a photo shoot. Right when we were taking this picture, Adam's like, "Oh my God! That chick's buttcrack is hanging out!" Just some random girl walking down the sidewalk......so of course I start laughing and he starts laughing, and yeah, you get the drift!

Anyway, it was a fun time! I got some money (thanks to Mom and Kristen who are enabling me to support my stamping habit :) ), a bottle of Baby Phat perfume which smells super-duper good! Plus I needed a new bottle to switch up with my Clinique that I have been wearing for years now...), a microplane grater (sah-weeet!), and some assorted other goodies.

The funniest gift was from my sister. She knows how much I love Rachael Ray (ps -- If you didn't know it I discovered her, duh!) and she got me this hilarious refrigerator magnet that has a picture of RR's photoshoot with FHM. AND......she got me the Rachael Ray kids songs CD. WTF? That just cracks me up! I'll post a pic of it later. That KP...she sure knows how to get the good gag gifts! :)

And yes, my mom made swiss steak, and yes it was DELICIOUS. I'm like, what do you put in this again? She's like, oh......just cream of mushroom soup and milk and Kitchen Bouquet. Ummmmmm, yeah. Too bad when I make mine like that it doesn't turn out like hers! I guess that's the home field advantage that all moms have!

But, I did bring two pies - banana cream and chocolate silk. Those I can do. And for all you banana cream pie fans out there -- here's my recipe, and bonus, it's super easy too! Good night!

Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzle

1 banana sliced
1 ¾ C cold milk
1 pkg (4 serv. size) instant vanilla pudding
1 pkg (4 serv. size) instant banana cream pudding
1 frozen deep dish pie shell
1 tub French Vanilla Cool Whip
Caramel dessert topping

Bake the pie shell according to package directions. Arrange banana slices in bottom of crust. Whisk together pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes. Gently stir in half of the cool whip. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hrs or until set. Top with remaining cool whip and drizzle with caramel sauce.

No comments: