Thursday, February 21, 2008

A few cards today...

First off, a bit of sad news. As some of you know, I was 6 weeks pregnant. I just found out Tuesday that I had a miscarriage, so it has been a difficult few days for both Adam and me. I'm taking today off work because I am exhausted, both physically and emotionally. I have read a lot of literature that it was probably for the best, something may have been wrong with the baby. That's true, but it really doesn't make you feel any better. I can be thankful, though, that it happened now and not 6 or 10 weeks from now. Hopefully the next time around we will have a happier ending. :) Now on to some thank you cards that are for my supportive family.
The above card is for my mother and father-in-law. They have been great, giving us phone calls and bringing us dinner, so I wanted to thank them.

The base of the card is Kraft cardstock, layered with chocolate chip, then Old Olive prints paper that is stamped with the Sanded background in old olive ink. The chocolate chip strip of cardstock was crumpled for a distressed look. Earth Elements buttons are tied with hemp twine. Image is stamped on whisper white with Stazon Black ink and colored with Copic markers. That panel is mounted on More Mustard, Really Rust, and Chocolate chip. I used the Tag Corner punch and Vintage Brads also. The 'Hello' is from Lots of Thoughts (SAB set) and is stamped on more mustard cardstock and punched out with the Round Tab Punch.

This card is for my sister. She took me shopping and out for lunch yesterday to keep me busy. If you're reading this, Kristen, "yoooooo-hoooooooo!" (It's an inside joke :) )

The base of the card is Bashful Blue cardstock, and the patterned paper is new from Making Memories. Hero Arts owl is stamped in Basic Black craft ink on Whisper White and embossed with clear embossing powder. He is colored in with Copic markers and punched out with the Fiskars 2" circle punch, and mounted on a Pretty in Pink scallop circle. The scallops are paper pierced. I used my Slot punch on the stip of patterned paper, then a piece of Chocolate Chip Poly-twill ribbon from SU. The alphabet stickers are from my scrapbooking stash.

Thanks for stopping by today. :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Very cute puppy card. I too, had problems having children (ectopic)and it was hard, but now we have 2 wonderful children that I wouldn't trade for the world. Good luck!