Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Polka-Dotted Challenge

Today on www.splitcoaststampers.com the challenge was to use polka dots. Which, for me, is not really a challenge at all! It seems almost every time I make a card I use polka dots. :)

My friend Nikki is getting married in April and her shower is this coming weekend. Her colors are cornflower blue and silver, so I thought tempting turquoise would be a good substitute. I'm not sure if you can see in the picture, but the flowers on the cake are embossed with silver embossing powder.

This stamp set is from Papertrey ink and is called Piece of Cake. You can purchase it here: http://www.papertreyink.com/stamps_pieceofcake.html

Supplies:
Stamps - Papertrey Piece of Cake, Polka Dot BG stamp (SU)
Paper - Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink - Tempting Turquoise, Black, Versamark and silver embossing powder
Accessories - Silver Brads, Tag corner punch

My polka dotted elements for this card are the patterned paper - East Coast Prep designer paper by Stampin' Up!, and the polka dotted ribbon that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

This set, Eat Cake, is so versatile, and I find that it can be easily customized for male or female cards. Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:

Stamps - Eat Cake

Paper - East Coast Prep DP, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Real Red

Ink - Real Red, More Mustard, Basic Black, Tempting turquoise

Accessories - Polka dot ribbon from Hobby Lobby, dimensionals


3 comments:

Shelly/papermoon04 said...

This is so cute Jen! Check out my Blog, there's a little surprise there for you!

dpkennedy said...

Pretty card! Nice job on the challenge!

Sencie said...

Both of these are great, but I especially like the blue and silver one!!! : )