Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Strawberry Sketch Challenge - and SNOW!


Holy buckets, I can't ever remeber seeing so much snow in my life! It's been snowing since yesterday afternoon, at about 1-2" per hour, depending on where you're at. I think I shoveled the walk about 3 hours ago and you can't even tell I did it! Oh well, more for Adam to do when he gets home tonight. ;) I'm so thankful I don't have to drive to work today in this crap, though!

Anyway, on to the card. You can find today's sketch challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81868&d=1202261897

I ordered this strawberry stamp from Ellen Hutson's store here: http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/Detail?no=255

It's such a fun stamp to color! I was also happy to use some Imaginisce patterned paper I had bought awhile back.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lockhart - Strawberries, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Real Red DP (hostess pack), Imaginisce (flowered and yellow)
Ink: Black Craft ink, Clear EP, Real Red, Copics
Accessories: Marvy Scalloped circle punch, Fiskars 2" circle punch, paper piercer, dimensionals



I also wanted to do the color challenge from yestrday, which was ballet blue, real red and apricot appeal. I thought, what better excuse to make a baby card? Since I'm kind of in a baby mood, now, lol!
I emailed my Aunt last night to tell her, and she's like, oh, we have to start planning the baby shower! LOL - I already have invitation ideas brewing in my head...ha! :)
Supplies:
Stamps - Nursery Necessities
Paper - Apricot Appeal DP (hostess pack), Ballet Blue, Real Red, Whisper White and Basic Black
Inks - Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal
Accessories - 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Black Brads, Dimensionals


One more thing today....I was watching TV the other night and saw a Rhapsody commercial with a neat song. So, I googled it and found the song, Love Song by Sara Bareilles. I promptly went to iTunes this morning and downloaded the whole album. It's really good! It kind of reminds me of KT Tunstall if you like her. Here's a link to the CD on the Best Buy website: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8399805&st=bareilles&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1656184
That's all for now - have a good day and stay warm!

2 comments:

dpkennedy said...

This is so sweet!

Veronica McCollum said...

I LOVE the red 5/8" grosgrain on the baby card - great pop of color!