Friday, March 7, 2008

Some cute new creatures...

I stopped up at Cottage Corner today - www.cottagecorner.net - and picked up a few new Whipper Snapper stamps to add to my collection. I can never resist! This little frog/rabbit was the stamp of the month last month, so I'm surprised they still had this one in stock. He was stamped with Adirondack Pitch Black ink, then heat set and colored with Copic markers. He is mounted on a square of So Saffron cardstock, then punched with the Slot Punch. Base of the card is Pretty in Pink, layered with a square of patterned paper from the Spring Fling pack. Prima flowers, buttons, and pink taffeta ribbon were also used. This card measures 4"x4" for todays Limited Supply Challenge on www.splitcoaststampers.com.
This cute elephant stamp is also Whipper Snapper, and I snagged one of the last ones they had! This guy is actually this month's stamp of the month, so I knew it would go fast. It was also 25% off, and I just HAD to buy it. :)

This card measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", or, a full sheet of cardstock folded in half. I have never made one this size before, and it's kind of cool! This size will fit in the large envelopes sold by Stampin' Up.

The base of this card is Groovy Guava, matted with the new Afternoon Tea DP from SU. Elephant is stamped in Adirondack Pitch Black and heat set, then colored with Copic markers. Corners are punched with Tag corner punch, then mounted on guava and Wild Wasabi. Vintage brads are used in the corners. The sentiment is by Penny Black and stamped in Basic Gray ink, then mounted on a Wild Wasabi punched Scalloped Circle, then paper pierced. Ribbon is 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain. This card will be for my mother in law's birthday next week.

As a side note, I have received a lot of e-mails and cards from friends and family about our miscarriage. Thanks to each and every one of you! It means a lot! :)

No comments: