Monday, April 21, 2008

Birthday Card Class

Last weekend, I held a birthday card class. We made 5 different cards, and the cost of the class included the stamp set "Eat Cake". It was a huge hit! These are three of the cards we made. This card uses Wild Wasabi cardstock for a base, along with Tempting Turquoise and Real Red. The patterned paper is from the East Coast Prep pack. Ribbon is double-stitched Wild Wasabi. I used More Mustard cardstock and the large star punch, then sponged the edges with More Mustard ink. The star is mounted on a dimensional.
This card uses the new Summer Picnic designer paper, along with Bashful Blue, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie. I also used the Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment is punched out with the 1" circle punch and mounted on a 1 1/4" punched circle.
This is the Bali Breeze designer paper, and I love this color combination! Taken with Teal, Rose Red, and Pumpkin Pie. I also used the sentiment from Hugs and Wishes on this card. I made two punches, one right next to the other, with the Slot Punch, and then tied my Purely Pomegranate and Pumpkin Pie ribbon around that.

I just returned from a weekend out of town wedding that I was in -- my friend Nikki got married! It was beautiful and we had a blast hanging out. I forgot to bring my camera, though! So once I got there, I had to stop at K-Mart and get some Kodak disposable cameras....do you know how long it's been since I have taken photos with regular film? Haha -- hope they turned out okay! I think when I get them developed I'll have them put on a CD so I can share them with my friends. :)

Tonight is also my first layout class at Endless Ideas - www.endlessideasmuscatine.com - and the technique is covering chipboard. We'll be using the Scenic Route chipboard packs and also the new Bo-Bunny paper to make a 2 page layout. I'll get a picture of my LO tonight and share it on here as well.

I'm off to the grocery store. The fridge is looking mighty bare after my weekend away. Have a good one!

No comments: