Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Bridal Shower!

Yesterday my friend Cassandra had her bridal shower; it was a good time! I made some chicken salad and ham salad to take over, but I still had tons left over. Guess I know what I'm taking for lunch this week to work. :) She got a lot of neat kitchen gifts, too. The book above is something I put together for her using my new Bind-it-All. I used plain chipboard for the front and back cover, and some Papertrey DP to cover it.
The stamp used on the front is from the set Big on Spring, available in SU's spring mini catalog. Various ribbons are used to embellish the spine. I created three sections in the book, one to write shower gifts in, a section for guests to sign, and a section for pictures. This little book was a big hit!


And then there's the cake. It was the joke of the day that they spelled her name (Cassandra) wrong! They also wrote 'Congratulation' singular......LOL! Someone screwed this one up! Oh well -- I told her it makes for a funny scrapbook page! ":)

Stay tuned on Monday and Tuesday for previews of my card class next week -- a graduation and Mother's day card!

No comments: