Tuesday, May 27, 2008

{relaxing}

I'm on vacation this week -- due to the *three* weddings we have going on (one of which I'm in), so I have been relaxing today. Made lunch for Adam, gave Hunter a bath, and worked on these baby announcements for a friend. I told her I would make up 3 samples and she could choose which one she liked best.

Oh -- and I watched the Flavor of Love Reunion show I had Tivo'd from the other night. I know, I know, my husband makes fun of me all the time for watching that *crap*, as he calls it. :) But I can't help it honey!! :)

This first card uses a Whipper Snapper stamp I picked up at Cottage Corner www.cottagecorner.net awhile back. He is colored in with copics, and I also used some of the new DCWV baby paper on this one.

The brown ribbon is from Target - in the wedding aisle. Did you know they have taffeta ribbon - 15 yard spools for 3 or 4 dollars? Yeppers.

The focal stamp on this card is a baby footprint stamp I picked up at Hobby Lobby a looong time ago. I stamped over it with the sentiment from Nursery Necessities. I also used the wheel for the background strip. And.....my new Treading Water punch! Yay! I finally got that in from my LSS. Too cool. :) And, I hear that SU may be coming out with a scalloped border punch in the fall catalog? According to some rumors I saw on SCS. :)

Cardstock used on this card is Sage Shadow, Pale Plum, Basic Black and Lemon Tart (Papertrey). I also used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

{PS--this one is my favorite.} Here is the inside of the announcement. The "Introducing our precious baby..." stamp is made by MSE! and I got that one at Cottage Corner as well. I stamped stars in the coordinating ink colors using the set 'In the Stars'. The photo mat is made with my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities die, and I embellished it also with a scalloped and stamped circle.

All of the announcements pretty much look the same on the inside, so I only took a pic of this one. :)

The last one here is made using the Nursery Necessities set, and some patterned paper I picked up at Scrapaganza - called Art Blanche, made by EK success. I stamped the sailboat 3 times, then mounted the sails on dimensionals. The ribbon is from Target, and I also used the Word Window and small and large star punches.

Cardstock colors are So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, and the Carribean Blue-type-color is Bazzill.

Hope you enjoyed looking at these today. Have a good one!


No comments: