Wednesday, May 28, 2008

{relieved}

I got a call from my Mom the other day that my Grandma had fallen and broken her wrist. Poor Granny! :) She had already fallen a couple years ago and broken her right one, but now it's her left. At least she can still write! I called her the other day, but I'll pay her a visit sometime this week to see how she's doing. Maybe bring her some dinner so she can take off cooking for a night.

I am so relieved to get back in my goove this week with cardmaking! I feel like I haven't been able to be creative for so long, work was really getting in the way. A crazy schedule and no free time makes it hard to sit down and be creative.

Which is why I'm glad I accepted a new position at work. I'll still be working as a nurse, just using my head more than my physical skills. It was a tough decision to make, and I will really miss the staff on my floor, but I felt that it was something I had to do for my own *sanity*. This position will be Monday through Friday, 8 to 4, which are basically the same hours that Adam works, so I'll be looking forward to spending some time with him. I don't know what I'm going to do with all my weekends off! I've been so used to working every other weekend for so long now....but I'm ready for a change. :) Him and I are ready to spend some quality time together.

Also, an opportunity has come to work one Saturday a month at my local scrapbook store, Endless Ideas. I'm still mulling this over in my head, but will *probably* say yes. Who can say no to their favoritest hobby, and a discount?? :)

Anyway, on to the card. This week's technique challenge over on SCS was to combine 3 past challenges: a technique challenge, a color challenge, and a sketch challenge. I combined the 'Spotlighting' technique, Rose Red/Chocolate Chip, and Sketch Challenge 10. This card will be for my Grandma -- the coffee cup fit her too well! :)

I finally got the chance to try my Scor-Pal for the basket-weave embossing technique. I love the look, and it was so easy! I also used some DP from the Prints Pack (hostess). Grumpabella was stamped on Whisper White and colored with copics, then I 'spotlighted' her coffee cup by punching it out with the 1/2" punch and mounting it on a dimensional. Click on the photo below for a larger view.
I also used Purely Pomegranate ribbon, white brads, and the tag corner punch. The baubles at the bottom corners of the cards are from my LSS, not sure what brand. The little sentiment on the front is from Papertrey.
Sometimes I get carried away with embellishing the inside of the card.... :) The sentiment is from Stampin' Bella, and the border is stamped with SU's 'Always' set. I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the small butterflies, and the larger one is cut out using a Nestabilities die, then embossed.

I'm off to the gym to meet Stephanie. Have a good one!

No comments: