Monday, May 19, 2008

{tired}

Well, I'm still nursing a hangover from Saturday night's bachelorette party....hehe.....but I did manage to get this project done today for one of my co-workers. She has a daughter that's graduating this month and wanted a guest book for her party.

The book is 8 3/4" x 8 3/4" square, and I made it out of the 12x12 chipboard sheets you're always getting at your LSS. :) I covered the front and back with SU designer paper and embellished the spine with orange and black ribbons. Can you tell what her colors are??? :)

Diplomabella is colored in with Copics and layered on rectangle Nestabilities. "Grad" is from the SU set -- Great Grads, and is stamped in craft black ink and embossed with clear EP. '2008' are American Crafts Thickers, and I also used a Prima and black button.

Sorry for the blurry photo. My camera just wasn't cooperating today.
The inside front page is black cardstock, and I used SU's star punches to embellish the left side, as well as another sentiment from "Great Grads". The right page is her graduation announcement.
I printed off these sheets on whisper white for the 'gifts' section. I used the SU tab punch to differentiate the different sections within the book. The 'guests' section is left blank so people can give advice and sign yearbook-style. :) I also left the photos section blank so she could add her favorite shots from graduation.

I made one of these books awhile back for my friend Cassandra's bridal shower, and it was a big hit! Kind of cooler than a guest book, like a little scrapbook the guest of honor can take away! :)
I'm leaving you with a picture of our Saturday night festivities. I'm the one holding the umbrella. Did I mention that it wasn't raining? That was the joke of the night. At least I was prepared!

No comments: