Friday, June 13, 2008

{so sad}

I'm sure many of you have heard about the devastation and flooding in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Above is a picture of the flooded Cedar river. Over 400 blocks of downtown Cedar Rapids are underwater. Thankfully, I don't live there, but the high waters are making travel in Iowa impossible.

This is a picture of a house on Ellis Blvd. in Cedar Rapids. The flooding is the worst this region has ever seen.
A picture of 3rd Ave in downtown Cedar Rapids.
The above picture is of Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids. It's espsecially close to my heart because I worked there for 4 1/2 years, from 2002 to 2006. Yesterday, the hospital evacuated all 200 patients within the medical center and attatched nursing home to other hospitals in the state. The laboratory and ER are flooded. If you would like to see more pictures and information visit www.crgazette.com

I was scheduled to work this weekend, but the roads between Muscatine and Iowa City are totally closed. I feel guilty that I won't be able to go and help out, but unless I hire a helicopter, I can't get to town! The Cedar and Iowa rivers are higher than they've probably ever been. Please say a prayer for all my co-workers and patients at the VA Hopsital, I know the nurses will provide the best care possible.

Please also say a prayer for the residents of Cedar Rapids. Many are without power, water, and some have lost their homes and have no flood insurance.

No comments: