Tuesday, June 17, 2008

{thanks father}

I made this card for Adam's dad, John, for Father's Day this past weekend. I just love sketch challenges, so this was the perfect excuse to hop over to Jen del Muro's blog and check out this week's 'Sketch for you to try' HERE

For this card, I started out with a base of 4 1/4"x 11" Chocolate Chip cardstock, scored at 5 1/2" with my trusty Scor-Pal, then matted a piece of soft blue paper from Scenic Route Paper Co. The polka dotted paper is by Heidi Grace, it actually has some flocking on it!

I stamped the toolbox image from SU's "For Father" on Whisper White with Adirondack Pitch Black ink, and colored in with Copics. That panel was mounted on a piece of Old Olive cardstock.

The sentiment used on this card is from Papertrey Ink, then punched out with a 1" circle punch, edges sponged in Chocolate Chip ink. I also used Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain and taffeta ribbon, and a vintage brad.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love the DPs you used together here, and your coloring is beautiful too!