Thursday, July 3, 2008

{chalk challenge}

The technique challenge this week on SCS was "chalk pouncing". What is that, you ask? Well, here's the thread.

Basically, you sponge your background with a light colored chalk. I used SU's chalk and used Pretty in Pink.

Then, you stamp your image with Versamark ink. Here, I stamped the Inkadinkado butterfly. You then "pounce" a darker chalk color on to your image using tissue. I used Lavendar Lace and Tempting Turquoise.

I matted my main image on Lavendar Lace and Basic Black. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Mixed Messages, which I stamped in Basic Black on Lavendar Lace and punched out with the 1" circle punch.

I also used my new Fiskars Diamond Border punch and some Papertrey swiss-dot ribbon in Sweet Blush behind the main panel. I used the flower image from SU's Sweet Dreams (hostess set) to stamp the Lavendar Lace background panel.

The base of the card is Pretty in Pink. Also used is a Prima flower and button.

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy 4th!

No comments: