Friday, July 11, 2008

{retiring class}

With my new job starting in just a week (yay! No more weekends!) I am hoping to get back into the swing of monthly card classes and stamp camps. I am having a class on July 20th and we'll be using some of Stampin' Up's retiring sets this year.

On the above card, I've used the sets Block Party, Much Appreciated, and Be Happy. I used Basic Black, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, and black and red ink as well. The Spiral Punch is something I rarely break out, so I thought I'd use it for this card.

The polka dotted background is stamped from the retiring set, Polka Dots and Paisley. I also used some black gingham ribbon.

This card was inspired by Teneale's gallery at SCS. I used the set Year After Year, and stamped the gift in Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Regal Rose. These were punched out with the 1 1/4" square punch and mounted on dimensionals. The patterned paper is from the Spring Fling pack. I also used some Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon. I just love that stuff!

For more info on upcoming classes and events, click under 'July/August calendar' over on the right-hand side of the page. Thanks for stopping by - have a good weekend!

No comments: