Thursday, October 22, 2009

{a sympathy card}

Unfortunately we had a death in my husband's family last week, so I had a few sympathy cards to make. I wanted a simple card to make one night after I put my daughter to bed, so I based my design off of Laurie's card HERE. I just love her blog! I don't think my card is as pretty as hers, but I love going there for a little inspiration. I used a Basic Black base, along with some patterned paper from Graphic 45. I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine and black thread, then added some adhesive pearls from Hobby Lobby. I used a sentiment from Verve, embossed with black embossing powder and cut out with my Nestabilities Labels Nine. I believe I purchased the black ribbon from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. I finished the card off with some Sunflower Dew Drops and a few Prima flowers from my stash, as well as a button and thread.

No comments: