Saturday, April 24, 2010

{easter sunday}

This scrapbook page was a race against time! A race against Keira who was napping that is....I just love these photos from Easter Sunday, so I couldn't wait to scrap them. I actually did this page in response to the Blade Masters challenge at Challengemasters. The challenge was to use the negative space of a die cut. I did this by cutting the butterfly out with the Serenade Cricut cartridge, then matting it on a piece of pink cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder. I matted it on a yellow scalloped circle, also cut from the Serenade Cartridge.
Here's a closeup of the butterfly embellishment. As you can see, I also did some stamping and inking to give it some dimension.
For the title, I printed 'Our Blessing' from the computer, then used some AC Thickers for the rest of the title. I also used a Prima Rose dipped in glitter to cover up an ink smudge. Oops. :)

Here is a close up of the journaling. I just love making pages for Keira's albums. My goal is to have her look back and know how much she was loved. :) Wouldn't you love to have scrapbooks from your childhood too?

No comments: