Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{menu planning}

Here's the menu for this week:
  • Sunday: We had friends over for dinner, so I made chicken tacos, rice, homeade salsa and guacamole. To make the chicken tacos, I roasted 4 on-the-bone chicken breasts in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. Let cool, then mix with 2 packets of taco seasoning and recommended amount of water in the crock-pot. I simmered it for about 2 hours before we ate. Also, must try this recipe for salsa. It is to die for!!

  • Monday: BLT's with potato salad and angelfood cake with strawberry sauce. Strawberries were on sale at the grocery store, so I just trim them up and throw them in a saucepan with some sugar and water and cook them down into a syrup. Then I top the angelfood cake with that and whipped cream.
  • Tuesday: Buffalo chicken pizza and salad. I take the premade pizza crusts, and top them with pizza sauce and a little Frank's Red Hot (aka the only hot sauce you'll ever need). In a saucepan, I melt some butter and add more Frank's to that to make a buffalo sauce, then add some cooked chicken breast to that. Top the pizzas with mozarella cheese and the chicken. When they come out of the oven top with sliced green onion. Adam LOVES this dinner.
  • Wednesday: Oriental chicken rice and egg rolls. Purely from the freezer. Normally I would make chicken fried rice, but on a weeknight after work with a one year old, sometimes I just don't have time!! This is really good though. If I put it on a plate Adam may never even know it's frozen. =)
  • Thursday: Tater tot casserole. Straight up old school style, lol. I take one pound ground beef, brown it up with a little diced onion and drain. Mix with frozen mixed veggies, 1 can cream of chicken soup and some milk and cook until smooth. Spread into a square baking dish and top with Kraft singles, then tater tots. Bake as directed on tater tot package.

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I was thinking about making tator tot casserole last week, but I never got around to it! My recipe is slightly different--I use ground turkey in place of groud beef and cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken--but it's pretty much the same thing! Yummy!