Sunday, May 2, 2010

{a birthday card}

Last time I went to visit my Grandma, she wanted to "order" a few birthday cards from me....lol :)  Here is the first of two I'm making for her. She's giving them to a few family members (both female), and her only request was that I use some vintage buttons from the stash she gifted me long ago.
My mother also gave me a few sheets of old sheet music that was my great-grandmothers....I wish I could get some more from her, but she knows I'm just going to cut it up and use it on paper crafts, so I think she's holding out on me..... :)
The focal image on this card is one of Crafty Secrets vintage postcard kits...I've had these for awhile and wanted to use them. I also used some of my hand dyed seam binding, along with a Crafty Secrets clear stamp for the sentiment. I zig-zag machine stitched around the edges.
Thanks for stopping by.....I'm excited to give these cards to my Grandma.....I know I'll get a big "Ohhhhh honey!!" out of her! Aah, I love it. :)

Happy Sunday.

No comments: