Wednesday, May 5, 2010

{for my mama}

Becoming a mother has really strengthened the relationship between my own mother and I. Mostly because she has helped me out so much with Keira, and I am grateful that she has such a large role in helping me raise her. I also think becoming a mother increases appreciation for the struggles and sacrifices your own mother had to endure while raising you.
I created this card for my mother, I wanted it to be elegant, with a vintage feel. I used the Altered Challenge over at Challenge Masters as a springboard for my design -- the challenge was to create a project with a pocket. For this pocket, I used a piece of dotted vellum, and stitched it on to my card front. I tucked in a vintage printable from the Crafty Secrets blog.
The patterned paper is by Webster's Pages, and to mirror the color, I used a Prima rose dipped in glitter on the bottom corner.
I also punched some butterflies from old hymnal paper -- my mother is very musical, she sings in the choir at church and is an avid piano player. The 'mom' stamp is by Stampin Up -- Messages for Mom. I also used a piece of my dyed seam binding.
I hope she enjoys the card as much as I enjoyed creating it. :)  We will be out of town on Mother's day, but I'll tuck it inside the diaper bag for her when I drop Keira off this Friday morning.
Thanks for stopping by -- make your mom a card to show how much you appreciate her! :)

No comments: