Tuesday, May 4, 2010

{wishing you happiness}

My new Queen Bee line from Pink Paislee came in the mail yesterday, and I could not wait to bust it out for another birthday card. My Grandma had requested two birthday cards, so this is the second for her. I used a base of SU Basic Gray Cardstock, matted with some white along with a sheet of the Queen Bee patterned paper. I machine stitched around the edges.
It's a little hard to see in the photo, but I stamped a flourish in Versamark ink on the ledger paper, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used this card for this month's technique challenge at Challenge Masters. I also pulled out my pinking hearts SU punch for the olive border that the ledger paper is mounted on.
For the sentiment, I used a stamp from SU's Heard from the Heart - one of my favorite sentiment sets. I stamped this onto one of the Queen Bee punchouts in black craft ink, then embossed with clear EP. The bird stamp is Stampin' Up also -- from the Spring Song stamp set.
I finished the card off with some Pink Paislee ribbon pleats, flowers, button and thread. I just love this line of patterned paper -- I also ordered the cork buttons, which I can't wait to use also! I am thinking about scrapping some spring pictures also....but I do need to work on some Mother's day cards.

Have a great one!

No comments: