Sunday, June 6, 2010

{1956}

Yesterday and today I have been working on a project for my Grandparents, whose 54th wedding anniversary is this month. I had an old sheet of stickers I bought once upon a time (made by It Takes Two/Timeless Moments), so those stickers were the starting point for this mini book.

While we were out in Seattle, I found an antique store that I spent a lot of time in one day. One of my finds was this vintage photo folio for only 50 cents! When I bought it, I had the idea of making a mini book out of it, so this was the perfect opportunity. For the cover I used some October Afternoon paper (Fly A Kite), layered on some pale yellow cardstock and trimmed with pinking shears. The flower and label stickers are from October Afternoon as well (Report Card). I also used AC Thickers for the '1956' title. Tied around the side is some baker's twine.

On this page, I used some of the stickers, as well as my star punches and pinking shears again. The pages of this book are actually antique ledger paper I picked up at the Salvation Army. I hand stitched them into the spine of the folio to create the book.

On this page, I used an antiqued bingo card from K&Company, the picture of the doves is from the same ephemera pack also.

On this page, I used a mini envelope (Fabriano) secured with Velcro (take note that Velcro was invented this year!) :) On the other page, I used an October Afternoon journaling card (Thrift Shop), as well as some more of those stickers from the Report Card line.

As you can see the envelope opens with Velcro to reveal a vintage card (October Afternoon) with a picture of an old camera. The same one my Grandpa used to make home videos with!

On this page I used some more of the October Afternoon Thrift Shop journaling cards.

The last page has the lyrics to the Randy Travis song 'Forever and Ever Amen'. In my mind it's their theme song! ;) The opposite page has a photo of them along with a punched heart.

Close up of the lyrics.


I'm really happy with how it turned out and I know they will both enjoy it. :)  Now I will turn my attention towards making them a card, along with scrapping some of Keira's swimming pics!

No comments: