Saturday, June 5, 2010

{happy anniversary)

Last night and today, I worked on an 50th anniversary card for my Grandma....the card is actually for my great aunt and uncle, who coincidentally share an anniversary with my grandparents! The wedding colors were pale yellow and blue - here's what I came up with.

You may recognize that round paper doily from Christine Middlecamp's blog.....I am following her embellished paper doily posts religiously. :) For this one I used some caramel colored ink to rough up the edges, then punched out a 2" circle of patterned paper (October Afternoon-Thrift Shop). I mounted this on a piece of light yellow cardstock, then trimmed around it with some pinking shears. The 'sweet memories' stamp can be found HERE at Elle's Studio, and the other text was printed out from the computer.

I also pulled out a small glassine envelope by Making Memories, and layered some old hymnal music on top, along with some more machine stitching, a staple, and a punched heart (punch by SU).

I had some pale yellow flowers in my stash (Hobby Lobby) so I layered those up with some patterned paper, buttons and string. The yellow polka dot paper is by Bo Bunny.

Here you can see a bit of the dimension on the doily and flowers. I put a lot of time into this card but I love how it turned out. :)

Speaking of anniversaries....my Grandparent's is coming up also as I said before. They were married in 1956 so this makes year number 54 for them!! Wow!! I am working on a special project for that..more pics to come.

No comments: