Monday, June 14, 2010

{paper piecing}

I'm scheduling this post for Monday, but I won't be back til later in the week. I am going to Minneapolis for work, so Adam and Keira are flying solo for a few days.  Today I've been washing clothes, putting together Keira's outfits for the week, making sure everything is in order and the fridge is stocked up....this afternoon I made a pot of chicken and noodles (one of Adam's favorite) to eat on while I'm away. I'm sure they'll do fine. :)

My Grandma's birthday is next week, so I decided to use my new Lockhart apron stamp to make her card.

When I was out in Seattle, I visited Monkey Love Rubber Stamps and picked up the apron. I had seen it used a lot while perusing other blogs, and snatched it right up! I knew it would be perfect to use for paper piecing with patterned paper.

First, I stamped the image with black ink on two pieces of October Afternoon patterned paper (Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite).

I trimmed the parts that I wanted out of the polka-dot paper and glued them on to the blue apron. I put the little pocket up on dimensionals.

I mounted the apron on a journaling card from OA's Thrift Shop line, then mounted that on a kraft tag.

I punched some flowers out of an old sewing pattern and finished it off with a punched circle and corduroy brad.

I also used some other patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl line, as well as machine stitching, vintage buttons and seam binding.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm sure as you're reading this I will be extremely sleepy from getting up at 4am....fun times. I see lots of caffeine in store... :)  On the up side, the Mall of America has an Archiver's, so I'm sure I will be able to stay awake for that!!

No comments: