Tuesday, June 29, 2010

{scraptacular! [i stole that from adam]}

This weekend I witnessed my first ever scrap-off.....it was pretty intense!! lol ;)

I was lucky enough to get a spot at Scrapaganza's huge annual Favorite Things crop, and what a fun time it was! Plus I even won some prizes along with getting our 'favorite things'. This is my friend Cinda -- she was chosen to compete in the scrap-off with 14 other scrappers.

They got 5 minutes to create a layout with pre-determined supplies! It was fun to watch her frantically scrapping...lol ;)

Unfortunately she didn't win.....but had fun competing anyway ;)

I was a suuuuuper slow scrapper. I only got 4 full layouts done, and the other pages were just 6 photo pocket page protectors that I filled in. But I am happy with what I got done.

This is a layout I did with pictures of Keira and Aidan at the park this spring. I used some of my new Jenni Bowlin bingo card alphabet tiles, along with some KI memories chipboard letters (that I won) for the title.

I also used some Cosmo Cricket journaling cards, as well as the little girl cut out of some October Afternoon paper.

For the banner, I used some American Crafts Dear Lizzy adhesive fabric paper.

This layout is all about Easter....I knew I wanted to scrap some pics of Keira opening her Easter basket from me and Adam. Here I used one of the vintage flashcards from Elle's Studio, as well as my scallop punch and some machine stitching.

Isn't that duck paper cute? That's from October Afternoon, as well as the journaling card.

I also embellished one of the Martha Stewart paper doilies for a quick embellishment (inspiration from Christine Middlecamp - doilymaker extraordinaire!!) ;)

For my title, I used some October Afternoon letter stickers, and some Making Memories chipboard letters that I stitched onto ledger paper.

I just love these little ducks! And the machine stitching completes it. I got a lot of funny looks for bringing my sewing machine....but now I can't scrap without it, so if I can take it, I do!

This weekend I'm looking forward to having 4 days off around the holiday, as well as a date night with Adam on Friday.....Keira will be staying at Grandma's all night! Woot!

Oh and we tried swimming the weekend before last out on the deck.....lets just say she was not a fan. But she let me pour water on her.....just wouldn't get in the pool.... ;)

Look at those little teeth! It just cracks me up....and she's in the process of getting about 3 more.

Baby legs. ;) So cute and squishy!!

Good night!

No comments: