Wednesday, June 2, 2010

{yum}

That's what Keira said when she ate her birthday cupcake. Actually, it was more like, mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm. She was actually unsure of the thing at first and I don't think she knew how to go about eating it. She started delicately picking off the sprinkles. Don't worry, that didn't go on for long because I helped her bust into it. :) Here's my layout that I did last night, real quick like.

I feel kind of like I took the lazy way out with this page, but I really wanted to get all the photos on there. And with a 12 month old running around, I need to let go of some of my thoughts about scrapping.....about thinking that every page needs to be a Monet-like work of art with 15 layers and stitching and patterned paper and 53 embellishments.....but anyway, I think it did turn out cute. :) And PS I really do still love to do those types of pages, just not for every one. :)))

I used a vintage flashcard from Elle's Studio, and folded that over one of the sides of the page and stitched it on. I also added a butterfly punched out of some of her patterned paper.

In the bottom left corner, I used some more of the Sweet Summer patterned paper and my trusty Martha Stewart butterfly punches. Also added some zig-zag stitching.

For the title letters, I used the white corrugated alpha by Jillibean Soup. Such a cool look. I have some Kraft colored ones too I need to pull out and use. After I adhered the letters I stitched over them with some pink thread.  For the cupcake embellishment, I used a Martha Stewart die-cut lace tag. I have been following Christine Middlecamp's blog and I am just stunned by the tutorial she is doing on these!! You have to check it out. I picked these up at Michael's, but apparently they aren't available everywhere. I can't wait to use these on cards too. The cupcake sticker is by American Crafts and guess what....it's a scratch and sniff! So cool!

I had also picked up this cool Martha Stewart butterfly edge punch at Michael's not too long ago, so I wanted to incorporate that as well. This is also some of the Sweet Summer patterned paper by Elle's Studio.

Last but not least, I pulled out my trusty MS starburst punch ( I use this ALL THE TIME - If you couldn't tell. :) I layered some more of that Elle's patterned paper along with a button and some baker's twine. I was so excited to find this twine at a specialty paper shop out in Seattle....I haven't seen it anywhere else!

I will leave you tonight with Keira's thank you note for her birthday party. She got a TON of toys. Which I expected. I think a trip to Goodwill is in our future to donate some of the older ones. I designed this thank you note in Picasa, super easy to do, even if you're Photo Shop impaired like me.


Good night!

No comments: