Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{abc}

If you've seen the new Stampin' Up catalog, this layout may look familiar to you from page 159. When I was flipping through the catalog for the first time, I saw this and immediately knew I had to make a page just like it!

I used the Jumble Alphabet, stamped in various colors of ink (Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink) on Whisper White cardstock. Then I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine and added a heart punched out of the new Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

For the brown portion on this layout, I used a background of Soft Suede cardstock, then I punched some flowers with the Fancy Flower XL punch out of the same color, then ran these through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.

For the bottom right square, I used a piece of Pink Pirouette textured cardstock, stamped with the flourish from Elements of Style. I think I'll be buying more of SU's textured cardstock, I love it! Then I created a bottom border with the scallop border punch and some Daffodil Delight cardstock. I notched both edges with my Crop-a-Dile, then wound some string around the piece and tied on a tag stamped with the Tiny Tags stamp set.  The sentiment stamp is also stamped in Soft Suede and is from the Elements of Style stamp set.

For this portion of the layout, I used a piece of textured Pumpkin Pie cardstock, ran through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I also stitched on a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, and added some punched shapes using the small heart and Boho blossoms punch.

Here I crumpled up a square of Marina Mist cardstock (love this new color too!) and topped it with some flowers I cut from the Floral Fusion Sizzlit die.

Thanks for taking a look today! I'm still busy making up samples for my open house on the 25th.....hope to see everyone there :)

No comments: