Sunday, July 18, 2010

{dream big}

Well here we are again at the end of a weekend....I'm tired this evening and fading fast! I always look forward to sleeping in on the weekends, but somehow the past few days Keira didn't want to sleep much past 6:30. Then when she lays down for her morning nap I have so much to do I don't want to lay down myself....so in the end I am dragging. But today was fun, Adam fixed my computer so it's running a LOT faster, which is awesome. I edit a lot of photos and don't have time to be sitting around while this thing is processing slow! Then we went up to Davenport to eat lunch and do some shopping. Keira was zonked out in the backseat the whole way home. Then she got a visit from her Grandma and Grandpa who have been on vacation for 2 weeks -- so she got a lot of souvenirs! As did Adam and I.

I didn't scrap a whole lot this weekend, but I did manage to get this layout done for my open house this weekend, as well as a few more sample cards. My box of new SU goodies comes tomorrow from UPS so I can't wait for that!

As a background for this page, I used kraft cardstock, layered with a sheet of Presto Patterns specialty paper that I brayered with So Saffron ink.

I also used the damask image from one of my favorite stamp sets, Friends 24-7.

I used my Beautiful Butterflies die and Big Shot to create this butterfly by cutting out two layers of white cardstock.

I stamped the title with the Rough Type and Jumble alphabets, and handwrote the last part.

Do you remember this song from 2005? I just love it. When I had this picture of Keira developed, I knew then that I had to tie it in with this song.
Dream Big
by Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband

When you cry be sure to dry your eyes

'Cause better days are sure to come
And when you smile be sure to smile wide
Don't let them know that they have won
And when you walk, walk with pride
Don't show the hurt inside
Because the pain will soon be gone

And when you dream, dream big

As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big

When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud

'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way

And when you dream, dream big

As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big

When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud

'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way

And when you dream, dream big

As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big
Hope you had a great weekend. See you soon with a new recipe I tried using fresh blueberries! Yum.

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I LOVE this song! I had totally forgotten about it til I read your post! I had to put the cd on hold from the library--I'm making a new mix of songs for Jack and I have to put this on there!