Monday, July 5, 2010

{happy monday}

Good thing I'm on day 3 of a 4-day weekend..... :)  We had a good time last night grilling out with friends and family....although the kiddos couldn't manage to stay up much past 8:00 to go down and watch the fireworks....maybe next year!

I made these last night:
These are just pieces of cocktail rye bread, and for the spread I combined 8 oz cream cheese with 1/2 a packet of ranch dressing mix and a few teaspoons of dill. Top with sliced cucumbers and more dill. Super easy. I'm glad there are still some left over because I'm eating them for breakfast until they're gone. :)  I also made deviled eggs, hamburgers, hotdogs.....etc.  Also, Adam found some sweet tea vodka that is really good mixed with Sierra Mist. Kind of pricey but makes a good cocktail. I'm going to try it mixed with lemonade tonight. Mmm!

Yesterday I finished this layout:

More October Afternoon Fly a Kite.

I actually cut the banner stickers out, mounted them on white cardstock and trimmed around the edges with my pinking shears.

I printed the journaling out on the computer using some Scenic Route ledger paper.

I just love this kite and these clouds. The pink and orange background papers are by Cosmo Cricket.

Title is from the Fly a Kite sticker sheet as well. An easy page to put together and look ma.......no stitching! lol ;)

Stay tuned tomorrow for another Seattle layout I finished yesterday.....as well as more of the cards I'm working on for a custom order. For now I'm off to get ready to go out for lunch with my mom. Have a good one!

No comments: