Thursday, July 15, 2010

{hot.hot.hot}

Yesterday the heat index was about 119-122 degrees, depending on who you listen to. So what does one do when it's this hot? Bake muffins of course.

Yes, Adam harassed me for turning the oven on.....but when you discover a recipe for Glazed Donut Muffins, how can you pass it up?? Honestly I have never baked a muffin with this high of a muffin top.

After they come out of the oven and cool for a bit, you dunk them in a glaze made out of powdered sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Yum. And while they don't taste exactly like a donut, they are very reminiscent of one. And aren't they healthier? I mean they're not deep fried or anything.

They were so horrible I ate one for dinner with an iced latte. Then two hours later I ate a grilled chicken salad and felt a little better. hehe ;)

Yesterday I had to take the day off....our babysitter is in Florida and Adam's mom in Arizona, so I got to play SAHM for the day. Keira and I went to Davenport and ate at Rudy's (best enchiladas EVER), went to Scrapaganza and found some of the new Pink Paislee paper and stickers, I bought some nightgowns for myself (weird I know, but it's too dang hot around here for pj pants), stopped at Sonic for a cherry limade, and went to Michael's to try and find THIS elusive Hero Arts stamp! But alas, no luck. Looks like I will have to order it online.

All of this with the heat caused Keira to sleep the whole way home in her carseat, which caused her not to want to take a nap when we got home, which caused this.

Eating her bedtime snack, but just really wanting to go to bed. :)

I made this card for a friend who requested some general occasion cards:

Uses all Earth Love by Cosmo Cricket....bought this stuff a long time ago and I'm just now using it. Imagine that. :)

I used my little Stampin' Up heart punch with some sheet music. Can't get enough of that lately!

Sentiment was computer generated, then printed out on ledger paper. When my friend got her cards she thanked me but then said she was going to have a rough time giving them away, and figuring out who was card-worthy enough to receive one. lol ;)

That's all for today....stay tuned for more Stampin' Up samples....I was busy in my scraproom yesterday and got 6 more cards done!

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I am going to have to try these donut muffins! Not sure if you've ever watched "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Network, but on one episode a chef selected donut muffins as the best thing they'd ever eaten--I didn't even think of trying to find a recipe. I am a donut fanatic, so they are right up my alley!