Friday, July 16, 2010

{it's friday!}

Tonight I stopped on the way home and got some sweetened strawberries, Smirnoff vodka and lemonade.....so Adam and I are about to settle down and watch a movie (The Fourth Kind) and drink some strawberry vodka lemonades. Mmmm. I thought maybe we should spend some time together since he'll be gone all day tomorrow at a golf tournament.

Anyway I've been playing around with editing some photos, here are a couple I've done in the last few days.

I really love the dark vignette around this one, and also how I was able to round the corners and boost the saturation. Now if only I could get some good portrait photos of Keira, we'd be all good.... :)  I'm thinking about taking this photography class at Big Picture Scrapbooking -- I really want to learn how to use my camera in manual mode. Also I've been thinking about asking for a new lens for my birthday, one of the podcasts I tune in to has recommended this one as a good general portrait lens. And as far as lenses go, it's pretty inexpensive.

I've been wanting to scrap a page about Keira's bedtime routine for awhile so I've been snapping pics here and there....taking a bath, eating her snack, crawling up the stairs, reading a book....etc. But when I took this one of her reading in her room, I couldn't help but add an appropriate Dr. Seuss quote.

She is soo loving books right now. Sometimes she just sits for what seems like forever on the floor flipping through all her books....and she loves being read to. Loves helping turn the pages and point at the pictures. She even learned how to say "elmo" last week, or more correctly, "ewmow". hehe ;)

I've still been working on some Stampin' Up samples......I have really loved getting back into the card making this last couple weeks. Cards are such instant gratification for me, as I am a really slow scrapper and can take up to a week to get a layout done at home.

This little 3x3 notecard uses the "Great Friend" set, as well as some machine stitching and white embossing.

 This card uses one of my favorite vintage looking sets, "Puns from the Past". I bought this set awhile back and it has taken me awhile to use it, but I'm glad they haven't retired it yet because I really love it! I've also made some cute baby cards with it in the past.
Here are the stamps that come with this set.

Since the stamp has a sewing theme, I really wanted to showcase some stitching, which I did around the edges, as well as on some ribbon and punched border strips.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great weekend with the ones you love.

No comments: