Saturday, July 3, 2010

{mmmm cupcakes}

Nothing says UFC fight-watching like a cupcake. Very manly if you ask me.
Actually, I was just in a 4th of July mood today. Adam is having friends over tonight to watch the fights, so as usual I am commissioned to make food......and along with the Buffalo chicken dip, pickle wraps, and chips and salsa, I decided to make some cupcakes. Frosted with red and blue of course. ;)

Also, we went to a family dinner earlier tonight and I made this salad:
Adam brought me home enough green beans this week to fill 6 gallon Ziploc bags, so I had to find a way to use some. I made this Orzo Salad with Corn, Green Beans and Tomatoes. It was pretty tasty! The only thing I changed from the recipe was to add a teaspoon of sugar to the dressing, and make it in the blender. I have some left over, and it will be good with chicken for lunches.

This salsa is to die for:
I make Pioneer woman's Restaurant Style Salsa, then throw in an extra can of Rotel and a can each of drained black beans and corn. Yum....I could pretty much drink it out of a glass :)

I got a request via Facebook from one of my high school friends to make some cards for her....a few generic all-occasion cards and a card for her father in law who was just diagnosed with cancer.
I made two of these cards as part of her order. For the background I ran some kraft cardstock through my Big Shot with the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder. Stamps are SU, Short and Sweet and Central Park. This card was inspired by Laurie's card HERE.

I finished it off with some twine, a button and some black rhinestones. I have a few more cards to make for her, so I had better get busy! I'm also working on another Summer layout featuring none other than Keira..... happy 4th of July weekend to you. Hope yours is full of good food, fun family and friends.....stay safe!

No comments: