Wednesday, July 7, 2010

{my favorite thing about summer}

Is the fresh food one can get at the farmer's markets....

These were what I picked up on Tuesday afternoon - fresh tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, red potatoes, chives....etc. I made a sour cream and chive potato salad to go with some ribs that Adam smoked for dinner....and then I spent an hour or so blanching green beans and broccoli to go in my salads at work this week. Then I made two loaves of zucchini bread -- Adam's favorite. He gave it an A+. :) I love spending time in the kitchen....when people tell me they don't like to cook the thought is just so foreign to me!! And ps, sorry for the poor quality of photos.....sometimes I want to take pictures but lugging around my big camera is way too conspicuous. Especially when Adam gives me crap about taking too many pics....you would think he would be used to it by now?? hehe.

I also made a BBQ chicken pizza over the weekend....topped with monterey jack and chopped cilantro....it was delicious. Although we did find out that Keira is not a big fan of the BBQ sauce....strange huh?  Also on this day we found out that she was able to crawl out of her crib. There was a big thud, followed by waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! And yes, she was fine 5 mins after the incident....although we could not convince the grandparents who have called every day since to check on her. :)

Also, she has learned to say 'no'. Which I would rather have her forget right now.....and she has learned how to throw quite the tantrum....which is a little stressful for mama and daddy. But we ride them out and watch her scream and throw herself on the ground. And sometimes even share a smile. :)  And now I realize that every step of parenthood is somehow that much more exhausting than the last.

But I am finally aware that it is worth it, because of this:

And this especially:

Yes she is keeping us on our toes. :)

I promised to share the last layout I made from our Seattle trip:
My uncle Mike and aunt Amanda moved out to Seattle over 10 years ago, and haven't been back since, so seeing them on our trip was a must. We met in downtown Seattle and went to Ivar's, the best seafood on the Pier I am told. :)  Adam had steamed clams, and surprise surprise, I had salmon. My cousin Ryan had to put on a bib for his crab-cracking feast. It was a great night.

The sealife paper is from Imaginisce, pin from Little Yellow Bicycle, and journaling card from October Afternoon.

For the title I used my trusty Thickers, as well as some Dear Lizzy 'Lovely' rose ribbon. Now I see it comes in all different colors! Check it out at twopeasinabucket.com.

That's it for me tonight....I have a few loose ends to tie up here in the scraproom and then I need to get to bed at at decent time. 0500 comes quite early..... 'night.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

You get crap too for taking "random" pictures? Funny I thought I was the only one.