Sunday, July 4, 2010

{my scrapping essentials}

I've read on other crafter's blogs about their essential tools for scrapping....and now I'm making my own! I think it's neat to see what other people rely on time and time again when they sit down to scrap. Here are mine.

My camera! I waited a long time to finally get a digital SLR, and now that I have one, I'm never going back to a point and shoot. The quality of the images I get from this camera are far superior, plus with a 14 month old running around, I need a fast shutter speed. I haven't even learned all I can do with this camera yet, and I would eventually like to get a better lens, but for now I am happy with the way it performs.

My Ott Lite. I take this to crops with me I love it so much! The light it gives off produces true colors, not the yellow cast you would get with a regular desk lamp. And with a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, they are very affordable.

Thickers! At last count I have over 50 packs.....time for an intervention??

My Coluzzle. I bought mine from Stampin' Up a few years back, but it's no longer available from them. The one I have has a circle and an oval template, and I love using them for quick title blocks on my pages. I know my Cricut cuts circles, but it's nice to lay this template over what I'm cutting and see exactly what's going to get cut out.

My Viking Husqvarna sewing machine. It was given to me by my Grandma, she bought it in the mid 80s for over $900! I just looked one up on eBay and it's selling for $495. I'm not giving mine up any time soon though! I love to stitch on my pages and cards now, and can hardly scrap without it.

My Stampin' Up inks. I love inking the edges of my elements, I think it just gives such a finished look to my pages and cards.

October Afternoon products! Right now I am loving just about every line they have out......I can't get enough of their products. My favorite lines right now are Fly a Kite and Thrift Shop.....both very cool.

Paper piercer. This tool is great for putting brads in your pages, and also for punching holes if you want to stitch a button on.

The Paperclipping Roundtable! I discovered this podcast awhile back, and I have listened to every episode since. It plays once a week, usually released on Wednesdays. I love the inspiration, advice and news that comes from this show.....you have to listen to it. Subscribe in iTunes and you'll automatically get the new show every week!

My Stampin' Up paper snips. These babies are sharp and work excellent for cutting ribbon and for doing detail cutting around intricate images.

 Tombow Mono adhesive. I buy this stuff by the 3-pack and stock up when it goes on sale. I have learned my lesson about buying crappy adhesive, and this stuff hasn't let me down yet!

My Tonic Guillotine paper trimmer.....I bought this a few years back and haven't looked back since. It makes precise, straight cuts, and you don't have to worry about the blade ever wearing down because it's self sharpening! I highly recommend it.

That's all for now....I need to get my butt in gear and start making food for the cookout we're having tonight. Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: