Sunday, July 25, 2010

{party food}

One of my favorite things about having get-togethers is cooking and readying food for my guests.....today my open house was no exception so I tried to have a good selection of little bites set up and used it as an excuse to try some new recipes. :-)

I apparently cannot have a party without these.....I've been making them a lot this summer! The last time I made them, I added some minced fresh garlic to the cream cheese mixture, and I think they turn out much tastier that way.

I also tried out these Lemon Raspberry Bars from the tastykitchen website. They turned out delicious, pretty sweet but it didn't stop me from eating about 4 of them. :)

I tried making caprese salad bites for the first time, and these were pretty addictive as well! Skewer a cherry tomato, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella on a party toothpick, then drizzle with equal parts balsamic vinegar whisked with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I'll definitely be making these again!

I also tried my hand at some mini brownie bites. I mixed up a package of brownie mix and filled up a mini muffin tin that had been greased with butter. Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins. When they are still warm, I stuffed them with a caramel filled Hershey's kiss. They were very good, but next time I'll use paper muffin liners, because although I very liberally greased the tin, they were still a little hard to get out!

I had a lot of new product on display....including that cute new owl punch! I am just going to go ahead and say right now that everyone needs this punch. :)

I had also made up a display board showing the new colors, as well as some of the samples I had made up.

It was a good day that topped off a good weekend, so if you came, thanks again! I still have a lot of retired product left (stamps, paper, cardstock, etc...) so not sure if I'll be posting what's for sale here or on eBay. Leave me a comment if you didn't make it today and are interested, I can send you a list of the sets I have left.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!

1 comment:

Sasha Holloway said...

that looks SO good. Have you seen the youtube video that chicnscratch did with that owl punch .. TOO CUTE.

love the goodies