Sunday, July 11, 2010

{samples}

Well, I am hard at work making samples for my open house on July 25th....so far I've got three done.

I needed to make a birthday card for Adam's brother (actually I needed to make it about 3 weeks ago but am just now getting to it), so I decided to go with a Harley theme. This is a single stamp, 'Motorcycle', that is in the Stampin' Up summer mini catalog. Great for guy cards!


I used some Pumpkin Pie cardstock, as well as some silver cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder. I finished it up with a Happy Birthday sentiment from 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' and the Modern Label XL punch.

For this next card, I wanted to showcase one of the new colors, Daffodil Delight. It's such a great shade of yellow.

I used the stamp set 'Watercolor Trio' along with Rich Razzleberry, More Mustard and Riding Hood Red inks. The scalloped circle was created by layering two punched flowers together (Fancy Flower XL punch), then topping with a 1 3/4" circle punch.

I also used my Scallop Trim Border punch and stitched that on to the bottom of the card. I used a clip, some taffeta ribbon and some twine to top off the corner of the main image.

I did complete a 12x12 layout sample as well, and I'll be posting that tomorrow. Have a good day!

No comments: