Saturday, July 10, 2010

{scraps}

I've been trying to find a way to use up my scraps (besides throwing them in a drawer or file folder never to be seen again.....so I've been trying something new out.

As soon as I'm done with the current project I'm working on (before I clean up), I pull out a shipping tag and use whatever products I have out to create the tag.

I don't have a specific use for these yet, but they might come in handy when embellishing a last minute gift or card for someone.

All of these patterned papers are by We R Memory Keepers, I also used various punches, buttons, clips and machine stitching to pretty them up.

This is a stamp I've had forever, and only used a few times. I was just rummaging through one of my many stamp drawers today and found it, and thought I had better ink it up.  This would be a good tag to add to a loaf of Strawberry Bread! Hmmm, might have to try that out. (ps-- just discovered this blog and the angels started singing.....will definitely be trying some of those recipes!!)

The tag on the left uses some MME patterned paper, along with a stamp from Catslife Press. The tag on the left uses some Cosmo Cricket/Earth Love paper, along with a MM word sticker and some vintage sheet music.

These were all very quick to create (<15 mins for each), so I am hoping to continue to do it and stop shoving my scraps away out of sight!

Oh and also, I made this Zucchini Cake today....with cream cheese frosting....it turned out really good. I did bake it in a 9x13 pan, so I had to increase the baking time by about 10 mins, but Adam and I both thought it was really good. Another good way to use zucchini without making plain old zucchini bread. :)

No comments: