Saturday, July 24, 2010

{this and that}

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm having my new catalog open house, so if you'll be around, stop by between noon and 3 for a free make and take, new catalog, and some yummy snacks.  I made this card last week to showcase one of my favorite background stamps, the Medallion.

This card also uses Stampin' Up textured cardstock, which I am going to order a LOT of with my next order!

I also used vintage book paper and the scalloped circle punch to create the flower, as well as the scalloped border punch to make the yellow border on the right side of the card.

I also used the medallion stamp on this card, as well as the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set. I am always pulling out this set because it's so versatile and can be used on any occasion card, as well as scrapbook pages.

This set also coordinates with the two heart punches available through SU.

For the greeting I used the Rough Type alphabet, and I also used a mini paper clip with some white taffeta ribbon.

I also did a little shopping on eBay and got part of my order today.

I ordered the Studio Calico Anthology collection (patterned paper, label stickers, journaling cards and letter stickers), Maya Road wavy scallop envelopes, and some Jenni Bowlin butterfly stickers.  I am looking forward to getting through tomorrow so I can go back to some of my personal scrapping! I love Stampin' Up and their products (otherwise I wouldn't sell them) but I don't use them exclusively in my own scrapping. I like to mix it up a bit.

I am sooooo looking forward to going to Minneapolis with Adam for my birthday too this year, we are going to stay for two nights and have fun seeing the Mall of America. Also I'm looking forward to taking a trip to Archivers to get some of the new summer scrapping goodies that will be available after CHA next week!

I am starting to compile some bedtime photos of Keira because I want to do a scrapbook page about her nighttime routine.

Every night she climbs the stairs to bed, and I'm not sure if she's more excited to get past the gate and climb the stairs or just excited to go to bed. She's a ball of energy but when she gets tired, watch out. She's ready for her blankie and her crib. On this particular night she had stopped to watch some TV on the way up. :)

I took this picture last night....once again she has pulled all of her books out of the basket and scattered them about. I hope her love of books continues as she grows....I think there are so many benefits to reading and having a love for books.

That's all for tonight, I still have a lot to get done for tomorrow. Have a good Sunday ;)

No comments: