Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{weekend ♥}

Around here I live for weekends....a chance to sleep in, spend the whole day with Keira and Adam, get some scrapping time in.....and most importantly, cook lots of yummy food.

My kind of breakfast.


Homemade biscuits and sausage...

No gravy this time. But it's the perfect breakfast with a cup of coffee.

I also made spaghetti and meatballs (don't have any photos of that) - I like to saute my meatballs, then put them in the crockpot with some marinara and let them simmer for about 3 hours before supper. Yum. One of Keira's favorite meals. :)

We also had beer battered fish for dinner Sunday night

Along with some fresh sweet corn from the farmer's market. Those little corn cob holders remind me of being a kid....apparently Adam didn't have those when he was growing up, because not long after we got married I introduced them to him. :)

I also tried a new recipe for green bean pasta salad.

It was delicious -- and the best part was the dressing. I took it to work on Monday and we scarfed it right down for lunch :)  Here's the recipe if you're interested. The only things I did different were to add some sweet corn and cubed grilled chicken; and I also added a little more honey to the dressing (which I made in the blender). I will definitely be making it again!

Keira is getting quite the curly head of hair, but still not long enough for a haircut yet :)

The good thing is that next weekend is only 2 days away. :)

Have a great week!

No comments: