Saturday, July 31, 2010

{what i have}

This layout has been on my heart and in my mind for awhile now, and I just finally found the picture to tell the story.

In February 2008, Adam and I had a miscarriage. We had been trying to get pregnant since the fall of 2007, and on Superbowl Sunday, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! We were so excited, so we told everyone we knew. As you can imagine, everyone else was pretty excited too, because this would be the first grandchild on both sides of our family. Two and a half weeks later, I woke up in the middle of the night bleeding pretty badly. I had called the OB on call, and they told me to sit tight until morning and get ahold of my doctor. After a trip to IC and some blood draws, they had confirmed that my Hcg level was too low and I did indeed miscarry. Adam and I were devastated. I had never seen him cry like that before. We had to take yet another trip up after that for a RhoGam injection (my blood type is O-). Worse yet, we had to tell everyone we had told about the pregnancy that it was no more. I spent a few days in bed, crying my heart out. I thought that the best way to heal would be to get pregnant again, which had it's share of ups and downs.

Between this time and the time that I found out I was pregnant with Keira was a very rough time. I don't want to forget that first baby, so I think he/she deserves a special place in my scrapbook. All I have is this picture of the positive pregnancy test, a onesie I bought, and my memories.

I used my new Studio Calico Anthology papers, as well as a journaling card (rose) and letter stickers (blue). The Thickers were originally a pale yellow, but I colored them with a Copic marker because I wanted a darker tone. The title is on a Making Memories journaling page.

I had a vintage style card with angels on it, so I thought it would be perfect to accent this page.

I also cut part of an old hymn to accent the top part of the layout, as well as a Jenni Bowlin pink butterfly sticker.

Since I wanted the journaling on this page to be private, I used a Maya Road scalloped envelope to house it. I also accented the envelope with more vintage angels, a stamped bible verse, punched heart, and some border stickers.

Thanks for letting me share, now as you know Adam and I are blessed with a healthy baby girl that is keeping us on our toes. :)

Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I can't even begin to imagine the pain and heartache that comes with a miscarriage...it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Your words and memories are beautiful, and so is this page. I admire the way you document not only the joy in life, but also the sadness--because even though it sometimes hurts to remember it, we never want to forget it either. Thank you for sharing this.