Sunday, August 1, 2010

{card class & some swimming}

I'm working on planning another card class for August 28th. Here are two of the cards we'll be making.

The first card uses one of the new stamp sets - Party This Way; and it has a banner stamp! Awesome!

I used some bright colors and patterned paper on this card too, along with the scalloped border punch.

This card uses one of my favorite stamp sets, Great Friend.

I love the butterfly image, as well as the handwritten font and frame stamp.

For the background on the card, I used some of the floral stamps from Watercolor Trio, as well as the Sizzlits Little Leaves die and the Big Shot.

I'm sad to see this weekend come to an end! Adam and I had a sort of date-day yesterday - Keira went to Gma and Gpa's house and we went to a movie and dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We saw Dinner for Schmucks, and it was pretty good! I love Steve Carell (and The Office too!) so I'm always up for any movie that has him in it. I'd recommend seeing it if you want a good laugh.

I also took Keira to the pool today.

At first she was pretty unsure and was crying when I went into the water with her.....but then I introduced her to these water fountains, and that's all she needed to cheer right up :)

I think she could have played with them all day!

I couldn't get a picture of her looking at me, but trust me she had the biggest smile on her face ;)

Afterwards we went to McDonald's for the obligatory after swim snack. She was pretty tired!

And then she took a two hour nap.  Hopefully she'll sleep well tonight!

No comments: