Monday, August 23, 2010

{i'm baaack}

Wow. What a great birthday weekend!! I always come back so refreshed and ready for the week after Adam and I take a little getaway.....it's so nice to be able to spend time together without any kiddos interrupting. Nice to see movies and eat out in peace, go shopping, relax and read a book....I could go on and on. But the little one did miss us none the less, and of course we missed her too. :)

I still haven't finished the layout on my desk yet, but here's a peek at what I've been working on.  I need to finish it up and move along because I've got a card class to prep for this weekend!

As I said in my previous post, I'm using paper and stickers from the Pink Paislee 'starlight' line. Love this line!

Last night Adam and I ate at Bubba Gump's.

O.  M.  G.  It was shrimp heaven! What would you expect though?? hehe. I love shrimp so this was right up my alley. Perfect b-day dinner if you ask me :)

And thennnnnnn, I went to Archivers. Here is my rationale. I only go maybe once or twice a year. So when I do, I need to stock UP. Here's what I brought home:

A 7gypsies white Artist Printers Tray. I can't wait to embellish this baby and hang it in my living room. I've been seeing a lot of ideas online so I want to give it a try. See this post on Jill Cornell's blog about the one she did. So cute!

Finally got my hands on a Tim Holtz tiny attacher. OMG these little staples are sooo cute! Can't wait to use this tool.

Paper and stickers from K&Company's Jubilee line. Hadn't seen this one before but everything is just gorgeous.

Ah yes. More Thickers. :)  I especially love the pink glittery ones.

More tiny letter stickers from Jenni Bowlin and Cosmo Cricket.

October Afternoon 'ducks in a row' wild cards, 'report card' label stickers (love these!!), a Making Memories journaling book and a Jenni Bowlin memo book (never had seen this before either - very cool!).

Some very cool looking Jolee's floral embellishments ( I am thinking I can mist these up with my glimmer mists), MORE Maya Road kraft envelopes, and a chipboard alpha by the Girls Paperie (have been waiting awhile to get my hands on this one!!).

I also picked up the new Christmas line by October Afternoon -- Very Merry. I didn't see any coordinating letters or stickers or anything, but I will be keeping my eyes peeled online for those :)  I am really loving those first two papers on the left, the one with the little houses and the pink snowflakes. Of course I still have photos from last Christmas I haven't scrapped yet....

More OA papers. Yes I have a problem.

I found out about these babies in Creating Keepsakes -- We R Memory Keepers 4x4 divided photo pages. How cool!

Lastly, some of the new Graphic 45 papers (steampunk debutante collection) --- and some vellum.

Can't wait to crack into these goodies.... :)

In case you haven't heard, Big Picture Scrapbooking is hosting a free workshop right now:

So go forth HERE and sign up. Lots of neat inspiration and ideas! And best of all, free! They also have tons of other classes you can sign up for.

That is all for now. I need to get to sleep so I can get up at the you-know-what-of-dawn tomorrow for work. Nighty night. :)

No comments: