Sunday, August 15, 2010

{summer reading}

This summer I've been reuniting with my books.....I have always loved to read, but life has sort of gotten in my way for the last few (or 5) years. :)

If you haven't yet read these books, you must.

I bought and read this book when we were out in Seattle, if you struggle with compulsive or emotional eating, this is a great book.

I read this while we were out in Seattle too, a great story.

Just finished this book - wow -- loved it! A real eye opener about what women in Afghanistan have to go through. Makes you very grateful for the freedoms we have in this country.

I just started reading this book last Friday so I'm excited to get into it.

My sister also just lent me this book (we love Jodi Picoult!!) so I'll be reading it next!

My grandma requested a card for my Aunt and Uncle's 25th wedding anniversary, so I decided to go with one of their engagement pics on the front of the card:

My grams was so pleasantly surprised when she saw I had used a photo! ;)

I used some of the new American Crafts rose trim, along with Stampin' Up patterned paper (music note) and some machine stitching.

I created the sentiment with some word stickers, and layers upon layers of Studio Calico Anthology stickers.

Today we went to the pool with my sister...

And yes, we did it up old style with a waterproof disposable camera. :)

Here's my sis floating down the lazy river.....

I am loving these pictures! Mostly because they are taken on real film, not digitally, and I haven't seen that in what seems like forever....

Can't wait to scrap them!!

Keira loved the little slide they had here :)

Such great memories.....and though I know Keira won't 'remember', I love taking her to do new things, love spending time and bonding with her.....and someday she will be able to look back at the photos and know how special she was. ♥♥♥

Off to work again tomorrow......just have to get through the week and then......Minneapolis! Saturday-Monday! Woot! :):):):)

Hope you had a great weekend too.

No comments: