Tuesday, August 3, 2010

{zucchini bread}

 {sorry for crap-tastic photo taken with my phone☺}
A few years back, Adam requested that I make him some zucchini bread. I had never made it before, so I proceeded to look through my cookbooks and online, and found what looked like a pretty good recipe for chocolate chip zucchini bread. Who doesn't like chocolate chips?

Apparently Adam doesn't.....in his zucchini bread anyway. :) He politely (mmmmhmmmmm☺) told me to ask his mother for the recipe for HER zucchini bread......because that kind was the best.  Since I didn't want him being unhappy and dissatisfied, I complied and guess what? It is the best zucchini bread.

Sometimes you have to listen to your husband because they may actually know what they're talking about.

Zucchini Bread

  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 2 C sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 C grated zucchini
  • 1 T vanilla
  • 2 T Karo Syrup
  • 1 C chopped walnuts
  • 3 C flour
  • 1 T cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
Sift dry ingredients together. Cream oil, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, karo, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and dry ingredients. Stir in nuts. Pour into two greased and floured loaf tins and bake at 350 for 60-70 mins.

Makes 2 loaves.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments: