Saturday, September 25, 2010

{keepin' it real}

The last two weeks since I've blogged have flown by......took a trip to Rockford, IL with my scrapping buddies for a weekend at our favorite bed and breakfast to scrapbook! I left Friday afternoon and came back Sunday.


Late Saturday night I woke up with severe abdominal pain and vomiting, which I thought was the flu. Several doctors appointments, one xray and one ultrasound later, I have gallstones! Not fun but at least I know what's been causing the pain all this time. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have my surgery scheduled. Until then it's no fat for me, my freezer is stocked with Lean Cusines, my cupboard with triscuits. :)

I've had this idea for a mini book floating around in my head for awhile, so I created the cover and did the rest while in Rockford. Basically it's a collection of bits of life, memorabilia and photos. No particular theme, just a mish-mash of stuff I've saved over the past few months. I love how it turned out so I think I'll be making more!

On the cover I used some bits and letters from The Girls' Paperie, as well as a file folder, Jenni Bowlin bingo card, lace, chipboard....etc.

You can see here that I did not use matchy products whatsoever....and that was my plan. Use papers that I like and have scraps of, but I just love the vintage-y feel that comes from doing this.


I showed it to Adam and he doesn't like the page where I have the instructions for him to take care of Keira....he thinks it makes him look incompetent. :)  Not true and not my intention! I put it in there to show where Keira was at at that stage...how much she weighed, her routine.....etc.

He also thought my grocery lists were a little weird...but how cool would it be to have your mother's grocery list from when you were one year old? I love stuff like this....stuff we take for granted and think is trash now, will someday be interesting to our families. :)

Hope you have a great weekend, I'm spending mine dining on plain baked potatoes and gummy worms.  Oh, and organizing my scraproom. :)

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Sorry to hear about the gallstones, they can be sooo painful. I've had the same problem. Hope you're off and running in time to come over in a few weeks!