Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{menu plan}

We had an awesome 3-day weekend spent watching football, eating good food, playing at the park, celebrating birthdays and spending time outside together on the deck. Plus I made homemade soft pretzels for the football game on Saturday, and I was surprised at how little work they actually were! Not sure if I would make this exact recipe again -- they were good but turned out a little more bread-y than pretzel-y -- but I will definitely try another recipe sometime soon. (I have pics to upload at home so I'll get on that laterf this evening). Here's this week's menu plan:

Sunday: Swedish meatballs with egg noodles (recipe below), green beans, peanut butter brownies
Monday: Chicken Chimichangas (will post recipe later as it is in my Food Network magazine and I need to type it out)
Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Burgers (I'm making these with ground turkey; they didn't have any ground chicken at the grocery store I was at)
Wednesday: Sirloin steak tips and scalloped potatoes
Thursday: Grilled chicken and layered pasta salad

I made this recipe last night and it turned out very tasty, Adam and Keira loved it.

Swedish Meatballs
  • 3/4 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 pound gound pork or mild sausage
  • 2 T canola oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 packet McCormick Swedish Meatball seasoning and sauce mix
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 bag wide egg noodles
  • fresh or dried parsley
Mix beef, pork, water and seasoning from packet together and form into meatballs. Heat oil in skillet and brown meatballs until nearly cooked through. Remove from pan onto paper towel-lined plate. Drain fat from skillet and rinse.

Meanwhile, boil egg noodles according to package directions.

Combine sauce mix and milk in skillet and heat to simmer. Add meatballs back to sauce and continue to simmer until sauce is thickened. Add cooked and drained noodles to skillet, along with parsley to taste.

No comments: