Saturday, September 4, 2010

{the most wonderful time of the year}

Is fall! To me anyway. Today there's a little chill in the air, and it's the first Hawkeye game of the season. I always love turning the corner from summer into fall, mostly because I loathe hot weather and look forward to it being cooler outside! But I also love the sweaters, football games, chilly nights, baking and soups and stews that come along with fall.

I did the bulk of my grocery shopping last night after work so I wouldn't have anything to do today but be lazy! I made sausage and eggs for breakfast, thank the Lord Keira is finally learning how to use a fork and can stop eating like a heathen..... lol ;)

She loves breakfast -- eggs, toast, sausage, pancakes, waffles -- pretty much any of that! And she's getting so she won't throw her plate on the floor anymore either, which is nice.

Awhile back during the CHA summer show, I played along on Creating Keepsake's Facebook page to an I Spy game they were having. The answers took a lot of work to compile, but it was worth it because I was one of the 4 winners! Here's just SOME of what I got. I'm not kidding you, this was a huge box that was packed full of what I'm guessing to be over $200 in product.

Some of Reminisce's new paper and stickers, I especially love the Halloween line!

An ATC kit by C-Thru.

Basic Grey journaling cards, brads, clips and tags!

A Pink Paislee canvas album

Jenni Bowlin banner stickers, journaling cards, vellum butterflies and mini papers!

Hambly clear stamps (this one is huge -- 12x12!)

New Spellbinders dies!!

Bella Blvd papers and sticker sheets

Papers, rubons and journaling cards from Studio Calico's Documentary line!

All of the papers from Bo Bunny's Olivia line! These are beautiful!

Plenty of AC Dear Lizzy goodies....one of my favorites.

Graphic 45 letter stickers, Zva crystals, Jillibean Soup journaling sprouts, and a Unity Stamp itty bitty!

A HUGE thank you to CK! This was a great prize!!

I also got some scrapping done last night. I loved Maggie Holmes' layout on the latest cover of CK, so I wanted to scraplift it:

Here's my take:


For the base of the layout, I wanted it to be 12x12 and not 8.5x11, so I used some patterned paper from The Girl's Paperie, along with a strip of brown polka dotted paper from MME that I stitched on with a zig-zag stitch. The white paper with blue circles is also by MME.

I also used Girls Paperie chipboard letters for my title, and splattered the paper with some Glimmer Mist.

I cut my own butterfly out of Jenni Bowlin patterned paper using the Stampin' Up bigz butterfly die, and my photo is mounted on some vintage hymnal paper.
For the embellishment on the right side of the page, I layered some pieces of Girls Paperie ephemera to create a little monogram.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

cindyn said...

Hi Jennifer!! I've enjoyed reading some of your blog! You do really nice work! I don't think I ever saw any of your creations when you were in at Reminisce. And congratulations on your CK prize. That was QUITE a haul! And you have to love that Reminisce paper!!