Friday, September 10, 2010

{tgifffffffff......!}

Another week is done and the weekend is upon us. Yay! Tomorrow I have a busy day, taking the dog to the vet in the morning and shopping with my mom in the afternoon, while Adam watches the game and *hopefully* finishes Keira's toybox he's been working on building. I'm pretty excited to see the finished product, this thing is huge!! And I'll be glad to take down the pack and play that we're using for her "toybox" now :)

I got my Sassafrass Indie Girl stuff in the mail and got to play around with it last weekend.....the first layout I did was a direct scraplift of Elizabeth Kartchner's layout here -- loved it so much I didn't really change it up a whole lot. Kudos to Liz for the inspiration :)

I loved these photos of Keira's first trip to the pool, she was pretty timid at first but once she got used to playing in the fountains she didn't want to leave :)

The chipboard letters are Making Memories, and the pink sticker letters are American Crafts. I also used a brad embellishment from MME (new this season).

These brads are by Basic Grey.

I know that the light pink flower brad is by MM, however those coral brads I'm not sure of. I think they've been sitting in my stash since '07 and the packaging is long gone...

I still had more photos left over so I made another page:

I used the same Indie Girl papers, along with some of the sticker embellishments also.

I like the cloud the best :)

One cool thing about the Sassafrass papers is that they all come with decorative borders! So you can leave them on the paper or cut them off and use them as an embellishment themselves.

One of my favorite memories of going swimming when I was a kid was the snack afterward...for some reason ice cream and french fries always taste so much better after a few hours in the sun and water :)

I'm also working on samples for another card class the weekend of 9/25.......details to follow if you're on my email list. We'll do a couple of Halloween cards, fun!

(edited: class will be on 10/2)

No comments: