Saturday, October 9, 2010

{boo for surgery}

I spent last Monday and part of Tuesday in the hospital getting my gallbladder taken out. All these years of what I thought was bad heartburn or the flu were not! The surgeon said it was pretty inflamed and scarred....probably from years of stones. So even though the recovery has SUCKED (ps how do women have c-sections and then go home and take care of their babies!?!?) I'm glad to have it over with and be done with those problems from here on out. The worst part about being home has been not being able to pick up Keira....to lift her into her highchair or crib or changing table.....even bending over hurts. So I have been trying to be good and stick to my 10 pound weight restriction and just rest. But I am a busybody so it's a little hard for me :)  Planning on going back to work later this week; I'm feeling better and better every day.

I still have a lot of pictures of layouts to share, most from my trip to Rockford. This one is one of my favorites.

This trip I focused a lot on getting inspiration from magazines. I keep a binder full of page protectors with layouts to 'scraplift', and for some reason this time I chose to pull it out and use it for once. I'll do another post this week with the rest of my layouts and inspiration photos.

I chose to make this page 12x12, even though the inspiration page was 8.5x11. I don't usually scrap that size because it's too small for me ;)  I used a sheet of old hymnal music and adhered a piece of cardstock behind it for strength since the paper is so thin. Then I stitched zig-zag stitches with green thread and hand sewed on a bunch of different colored buttons.

 The patterned paper I used is by October Afternoon, and the date stickers are by 7Gypsies.

For the title, I used a Jenni Bowlin journaling card, along with some computer wording, AC Thickers and a Heidi Swapp chipboard heart. I'm not sure if these hearts are available for purchase anymore, but I LOVE them. A few years back I bought about 6 boxes from someone on eBay and I've been lovingly hoarding them ever since....

That's all for tonight, hope you have a great weekend and get some scrapping done yourself! (That is, if you're into that) I'm planning on making pumpkin scones tomorrow and maybe talking my mom into taking me out for lunch :)

PS -- I also made these last week before I had surgery, the only thing I did different was to bake them as a bar cookie instead of individual ones and they turned out great!

PPS -- I guess while we're on the subject of pumpkin, I also want to make these. How could you go wrong??

No comments: